The rugged Rook R3S CSS Forensic Light Kit contains precise blue and UV wavelengths needed for general crime scene search along with a white flashlight for general illumination. 2 narrow wavelength (365nm UV and 470nm blue) light sources enable the crime scene investigator, medicolegal or lab personnel to look for body fluids, trace evidence, and other valuable evidence. These handheld single wavelength LED lights allow the investigator to visualize forensic evidence up to 6 ft (1.8 m) away. This rechargeable kit comes with (3) 18650 batteries, a battery charger, a protective transport case, and 2 goggles (orange and yellow). All lights are built to FoxFury’s Xtremium standards so they can be dropped, used in all weather, and even submerged for cleaning and decontamination. All lights are backed by FoxFury’s industry leading limited lifetime warranty.
UV Light 365 – 395 nm
- Used For: Field crime scene search, laboratory, medicolegal (including SANE, coroners and medical examiners) hotel room inspection and specialized industrial applications
- Evidence Identified: Serological fluids (including urine and semen), hairs and fibers
Blue Light 445 – 470 nm
- Used For: Field crime scene search, laboratory, medicolegal (including SANE, coroners and medical examiners) and hotel room inspection.
- Evidence Identified: Trace evidence (hairs, fibers, etc.), gunshot residue and biological fluids including blood treated with fluorescein and footwear (other) impressions.
- Used For: general field illumination, area search, and inspection.